Tuesday, May 03, 2005

3 Weeks Later...

So, here I am 3 weeks later and I STILL haven't updated my blog!
I decided tonight was the night. The husband is upstairs feeding the little one, I'm having a nice glass of wine and it is time for me to sit down in the wondrous quiet and write a little.
I had such grandiose ideas in the beginning...I always do.
Whatever I do...I can never just do it half way. I must expand on it, develop it.....let whatever project I have begun evolve. Evolve into what you may ask...well...usually a much more complex beast that I love, admire and never have time for. So why should my blog be different from any other project in my life.
But, as I am trying to learn.....it's ok that it isn't perfect and beautiful...It's ok that it isn't done yet......at least I am taking time out to work on it...and most of all enjoying it. Isn't that why I began this in the beginning?
I have dreams of adding additional boxes and do-dads to my blog....as you can see some have been started. But alas.....I never seem to have time to work on it. And when I am so inspired, it is inevitably when the little guy decides to wake up and cry out, "For the love of god woman....pick me up!" Who can argue with that? So I pick him up, my momentum is lost and by the time the little guy goes down for a nap, I am sufficiently distracted and begin work on another project that has been begun and summarily left unfinished previously. I do love my projects....each and every one. I sometimes wish I could just focus on one and finish it and then go onto the next one...but I know that isn't me and to do so would go against all I am.
So, I vow to try to take time to work on this.....as I vow to myself to work on the numerous house projects that are in varying stages of progress, I vow to work on the website my husband and I created for friends and family, and the website we created for our art (I'm an artist by the way...if I hadn't mentioned it earlier) and I vow to take time for myself to make art and nourish my soul......and I vow to snuggle with our little sunshine and try to teach him about all the beauty in the world that surrounds him everyday and to believe in his dreams....I vow to take time out to enjoy life more.....make love to my husband more....and to laugh at least once everyday....I could go on forever.....
But tonight.....tonight is for me...and my blog. We'll see what tomorrow holds.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home