Sunday, March 01, 2009

The eye of the storm…

How do we do this? Live amongst all the crap swirling around us and yet somehow continue on, living in the eye of the storm. How do we get up each day knowing what we know. How does that knowledge not haunt our every waking movement? And when it is quiet...and sometimes it is quiet. Almost peaceful. How do we enjoy that blissfull calm?

Sometimes as you are sitting admiring the calm, that is when you are taken unawares. You unwittingly end up meandering closer to the storm. And that storm…well, it smacks the shit out of you. And as you stumble along, you get battered and torn. And yet you continue standing. Proud and resolute. I can do this, you say. I can survive this.

And then something comes out of nowhere and hits you upside the head. Sometimes hard enough to knock you down. And you sit there stunned for a spell. Wondering where the hell it came from. You cry. You cry some more…and then you get up again. Searching for a way out. Searching for a door that does not exist. There is no door. All you can do is wait it out. Wait for the storm to dissipate and hope like hell that when everything has passed you are still standing.
That is all we can do…It is what I do tonight.

5 Comments:

At March 02, 2009 1:28 PM, Blogger Satine said...

If I had mastered fear I'd pass on whatever I learned... I do feel the gravity of your loss; you are in my thoughts and if there was one thing I could send you in a package it would be comfort.

 
At March 02, 2009 3:15 PM, Blogger Star said...

I hate when things hit you unprepared. Especially when all is calm. I keep thinking of you.

 
At March 04, 2009 11:49 AM, Blogger Skye said...

Thank you everyone for checking in and your kind words of comfort.

The storm has abated...
Or at least I am safely in the center once again and not being tossed about quite as much.

Here is to sunnier days ahead…

 
At March 05, 2009 5:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Storms come and go, and through so much time we are washed like pebbles on the beach.

And the craziest thing? Pebbles get pushed around. But they endure.

Spirits up, and all best wishes from London.

 
At March 12, 2009 1:29 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

Thank you, Skye...I'm having a storm at the moment and just needed to hear that someone else is sporting a raincoat as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home