Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Power of Attitude...

Hello everyone...I have a NEW excuse this time for my intermittent blogging. Holidays. How does that sound?

We are all doing well here. Dave has had his 3rd clean MRI and we've come to expect nothing less. I didn't even become a nervous wreck this time. David is doing amazingly well. Hell...the woman at the reception desk thought he was an employee of the hospital and not a patient and gave him a quarterly employee newsletter. How funny is that? When he told her he was a patient there she was completely surprised. She couldn't believe he was going through treatments...as we all can't. I think many people forget he is. Because he is the same David he always was. Always going. Always moving. Always optimistic. One of the many reasons I fell in love with him.

So. We are trying to keep some sense of normalcy here. The house is decorated and brimming with holiday joy. Chocolates are being made. And chaos is ensuing. So basically the usual for our household and we're having a blast.

A friend of mine sent me this inspirational card when I was having a really crappy day and it just rang true to me. I don't think she even realized that I love quotes and keep journals of quotes I find everywhere that inspire, touch or affect me in some way. But she sent this card and it just "fit" where I try to be. Where Dave is.

Here it is:
"Our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but how we react to what happens; not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a catalyst...a spark that creates extraordinary results."

So to everyone out there. Thanks for your support, love and positive thinking. That's whats going to get us through this and that's why Dave is going to be here many many years from now.

1 Comments:

At January 19, 2007 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Skye and David, it's Karen Krowzack. I've been reading your blog, cheering you on. The last time I emailed, I was lost in self-pity which I hope you'll forgive.

I am in the process of preparing my home for sale and JUST yesterday, I emailed a friend with "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself". It was in relation to taking on the project of deciding which of Frank's many collections to keep or donate and the fear of that project became worse than doing it, which is why I used that quote.

I cherish the memories of our times at the Fair and I'm sending you thoughts of love and peace. Best wishes

Karen Krowzack

 

Post a Comment

<< Home