Thursday, September 01, 2005

My heart goes out to New Orleans

This is just so awful and sad!
I can't imagine the pain, heartache and fear that the people of New Orleans are experiencing right now. I read the stories and just want to cry. I hear of babies starving, and no formula to feed them. The bodies lying about and the animals that are being left because they aren't allowed to be taken on the evacuation buses with their owners. The whole thing is absolutely dreadful! And what the fuck is up with people shooting at the Medics and Cops and that patients in two hospitals have been forced to move to higher floors to escape looters. WTF? Insanity. People are so scared...nothing is rational anymore.

I read an article and I thought this one quote hit the nail on the head.
"This is a national disgrace,” said Terry Ebbert, head of New Orleans’ emergency operations. “FEMA has been here three days, yet there is no command and control, We can send massive amounts of aid to tsunami victims but we can’t bail out the city of New Orleans."

Tonight I want to go home and curl up with my husband, the little one and the cats and appreciate how truly lucky we are....for even with all the construction and chaos that is in our home...we have a home as many people hit by Hurricane Katrina now do not. We have safety, warmpth and food. Many tonight won't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home