Thursday, September 08, 2005

I’m sitting here wondering where the hell the summer went…

The summer just flew by. People say that once you have kids, your life seems to speed up. Well, with Alec, the house, art, family and everything else we’re trying to cram into our busy days…our life seems to be going at Mach 5! So here is the latest news in our life…

As to the update on Alec: The little man is doing well. He’s still not crawling but last night he did scoot about a foot and a half backwards on his belly! WOWZERS! He hasn’t done it since…but it’s the beginning of crawling…kind of…. He just kept scooting backwards, moving almost like a worm in reverse and then he turned around and gave me the biggest smile. I’m sure you’re all thinking “Big frickin’ whoop!” but all I can think is “Holy crap, that little guy is just amazing!”

Also, we’re coming up on our next photo shoot with our photographer. I know we’re insane. We did the 3 month, and the 6 month (which I regaled you all with the adventures of finding outfits for that one) and now we’re on the 9 month photos. So tonight I will begin my regular journey to the mall in search of some adorable ensemble for the little guy to wear. Am I a glutton for punishment? I think so. But someday when Alec is accepting his Noble Peace Prize, I can show these adorable naked butt photos of him at 6 months and embarrass the crap out of him. Also, since we are just doing this once…I want to capture as many moments as possible, and we might as well make sure the outfits are cute since we’re paying so damn much.

Why do I feel the need to chronicle every moment of his life? I have no clue. It just all seems to be moving so fast and I know in the years to come things will fade in my memory and I guess I just don’t want to forget it. He is just growing so fast and changing a little every day. He is no longer the little baby swaddled in blankets…you can see remnants of that infant, but now he is now becoming a little boy and you can see hints of who he will become as well. So, we’ll pay inordinate sums to document the ever changing little boy. We could do a cheaper route, but the photographer’s photos just look too damn good. He can capture those little moments in time...to be preserved as memories when we have all moved on. Ah, nostalgia.

Onto other news: We’re doing our first art show in almost 3 years this weekend! We are completely unprepared but I’m sure we’ll muddle through and pull it all together in the last moment. We’re doing the show with our printmaking in hopes of clearing up some of our stock, so we can begin our artistic adventure into a new direction. It’s nice to be doing the show, albeit with today’s economy we don’t plan on making a killing. From what I am hearing from many of our artist friends on the fair circuit…it’s been a tough year financially. Many are choosing to get “day jobs” to survive or are taking a break from shows altogether. So, maybe this is a good time for Dave and me to re-group and take time to develop our art? No matter how the show goes, it just feels good to be doing an art show again. Makes us feel like we aren’t just floundering about…it gives us direction and helps us get motivated. Wish us luck and hopefully I’ll have some interesting stories to share after this weekend’s adventures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home